SENIOR SOLUTIONS ARCHITECT – APPLICATION AND PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
We’re a diverse team, passionate about bringing innovative solutions to the world stage – by accelerating the growth of our clients, many of whom are Founders and entrepreneurs designing and creating world changing products and services.
We work with entrepreneurs, innovators, and startups, launch new businesses, enter new markets, commercialize breakthrough ideas, or simply think “bigger” about future opportunities. By providing strategy, intelligent design, leading edge solution development and go-to-market commercial “heavy lifting”, we help plan, design, build, finance and accelerate solutions to the global marketplace.
If you are looking for an exciting career where you make a difference in bringing world class ideas to market, where you are appreciated for your innovation and creativity, where you get to make a difference every day while having fun doing it, Barrington Edge has a place for you on our team.
We are looking for a dynamic senior leader to join our team. You will be part of our Senior Leadership Team, will have a direct impact on the management and operations of the company, will be the “trusted technical advisor” to our clients and will guide and mentor our technical teams.
As a key member of the team, the Senior Solutions Architect will provide advice and technical leadership in the development and delivery of comprehensive technical solutions and supporting infrastructure required in a combination of business units and technical domains. The position will work closely with clients’ IT and Business Leadership Team to evaluate business goals, provide assessments, set technical directions, conceive technical architecture artifacts, design / develop proposals and provide consulting to other IT areas.
In this role you will draw on the skills and resources of Barrington Edge, our sister company Barrington Consulting and our eco-system partners to help design and co-create robust and highly innovative solutions to our client’s business requirements. You will coordinate and manage complex teams, and mentor junior level resources, prioritize multiple responsibilities and manage tight deadlines. Your enthusiasm, expertise, creativity and insights will be key to inspiring an upbeat and fun workplace.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create Application Solution Architecture and Solution Design in conformance with our clients’ Enterprise Architecture standards and organizational strategy to align business needs with modern technologies: On-Premises, Cloud Native and Hybrid.
- Identify and research relevant technologies, develop proofs of concept / minimal viable products, and lead clients through commercialization of this solutions.
- Work with business and development teams to recommend processes and/or system design enhancements. Provide immediate response to critical production program-wide problems to evaluate solutions, coordinate applicable recovery, and ensure resolution.
- Acts as the prime subject matter expert for internal/external stakeholders.
- Create and manages key architecture assets for the designated portfolio and business scope including documentation and design artifacts.
- Identify risks or issues with technology solution and design that may impact realization of project benefits and guides and supports stakeholders in making good decisions that proactively resolve or mitigate potential project risks/delays.
- Participate in the system specification review process to ensure system requirements can be translated into valid software architecture.
- Identify opportunities to strengthen the capability of Barrington Edge technology organization (e.g., sharing architectural expertise to promote technical development, mentoring employees, building communities of practice and networks).
- Stay abreast of industry technical and business trends through participation in professional
- 15+ years of software development with at least 7 years as a senior solutions architect
- Expert level experience with modern development tools, methods, and distributed team management – i.e., Agile/Scrum
- Recent commercial software development release
- Senior level experience managing distributed teams and mentoring junior staff
- Achieved continued success as a trusted advisor to CIO/CTO in multiple industries
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Comfortable in sales and business development, especially in group presentations and executive discussions.
We offer a competitive benefits package including RRSP contribution, ongoing training and development, contribution to business expenses such as parking and cell phone, modern technology and a balanced work life balance. We work with an international client and eco-system partner group including cross- team collaboration with Barrington Consulting Group (quarterly meetings, lunch and learn, social engagements, team sharing, project sharing). We offer a small team positive culture including mentorship, continuous learning, and direct input into guiding your own career journey.
To express interest in this opportunity, please send your resume directly to Dennis Young – email@example.com.